Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting to the Point with Tom

So...I saw Tom again last night. I texted him after work and asked him what he was doing and he said "at a friend's house, but leaving soon. What are you doing?" And I write back "packing" and he wrote back "need help?" So he came over. There was no kiss...again. But, earlier yesterday I started an email trail with him. See below.

I was just wondering, out of curiosity, if you ever think about kissing me again?

To answer your question…

Yes I have thought about kissing you…why wouldn’t I??! The problem is that I enjoy our relationship as friends right now and I don’t want to get hurt, but most importantly I do not want you to get hurt…if I/we continue to do so I am afraid that we will not end up as friends and that scares me because I don’t want to lose that. I have been through a lot over the past months and throughout my life and I am not quite ready to get into another committed relationship with you or anyone else right now. I don’t want to lead you on and hurt you so that is why I have taken a step back. It has nothing to do with you, and I hope that you know that…I enjoy spending time with you and hanging out and getting to know you better and better, but I am not ready to go to a next level. Understand where I am coming from? My biggest concern is ruining what we have right now and I do not want to let that happen!!!! I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know you a little more everyday and I hope that continues and I hope that you enjoy it as well.

Ps. You are a good kisser though!


I do. I think we’re very much on the same page at this point. I can’t say that I want things to be more serious between us, but I also don’t think I can say that I definitely don’t want that. We’ve drawn a very fine line and I also don’t want to ruin the friendship that we’ve developed, but sometimes it feels like more than that. That we’re more than just friends – not sure what though. I guess I worry that the more time we spend together the more difficult it will be if one of us starts dating someone else. I tend to worry about things that haven’t even happened yet and I know that’s a waste of energy so I will try not to so much. But this is kind of weird for me. I’ve never had a friend like you who I wasn’t hooking up with and in a way that adds a completely different level of complexity to the situation.

I am glad that you think we are on the same page. I understand the whole “sometimes it feels like more than that.” I wouldn’t worry about what hasn’t happened like you said, and I would just let things happen if they are meant to happen, you know? I know that is difficult sometimes, but we are both mature and have understanding of many different situations, and I believe that being friends first is what will make a relationship (either a committed relationship or a friendship relationship) last forever.

No comments: